Proven Experience for Your Fire or Smoke Damage
After a fire or smoke damage at your home or business, trust the restoration professionals at SERVPRO of Hamilton County, of Indianapolis North and of Anderson to return your property to its preloss condition. With over thirty years of experience in Central Indiana, we have a proven system to not only restore your property but to make the process as stress-free as possible for you.
Step 1: Emergency Contact
The restoration process begins when you call our office at 317-773-0422, which is answered 24 hours a day. We will ask a series of questions regarding the fire damage event that will help us make a plan of action for your situation.
Step 2: Inspection and Fire Damage Assessment
Our restoration professionals will carefully inspect and test adjoining rooms of your property to determine the extent of the fire, smoke, and soot damage. This step is crucial to developing a plan of action.
Step 3: Immediate Board-Up and Roof-Tarp Service
Fire damage can often compromise windows, walls, and roofs. To maintain security and to protect against further damage, our technicians can board up missing windows and walls and place tarps on damaged roofs.
Step 4: Water Removal and Drying (if water damage is present)
The water removal process begins almost immediately and removes the majority of the water. We will then use dehumidifiers and air movers to remove the remaining water and complete the drying process.
Step 5: Removal of Smoke and Soot from All Surfaces
Our trained professionals use specialized equipment and techniques to remove smoke and soot from ceilings, walls, and other surfaces.
Step 6: Cleaning and Sanitizing
We will clean all of the restorable items and structures that were damaged by the fire. We use a variety of cleaning techniques to restore your belongings to pre-fire condition. We will also remove odors using industrial air scrubbers and fogging equipment.
Step 7: Restoration
Restoration is the final step—getting your home or business to its pre-fire condition. Restoration may involve minor repairs, such as replacing drywall, painting, and installing new carpet; or it may entail major repairs such as the reconstruction of various areas or rooms in a home or business.
We understand that when faced with a recent fire or water damage, you need help quickly. You can trust the expertise and experience of SERVPRO of Hamilton County, of Indianapolis North, and of Anderson to get the job done right and make your property "Like it never even happened."
What is Advanced Restoration Technology?
Selecting a company to restore your property after a fire or water damage can be challenging. There are many businesses who claim to be experts in the field of restoration. What sets us apart at SERVPRO of Hamilton County, of Indianapolis North and of Anderson is our commitment to continuous training and the most up to date equipment and techniques in the industry.
The Institute of Inspection Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC) sets the standards for cleaning after specific forms of loss such as fire, smoke, mold and water damage. Our technicians are IICRC certified and trained in the most cutting edge techniques using equipment such as infrared cameras, hygrometers, and moisture detectors to find water behind walls, ceilings and in other areas where it may not be evident on an initial inspection. We utilize industrial air movers and dehumidification systems to dry structures quickly and help prevent further damage. We specialize in odor removal using fogging agents, air scrubbers and deodorization products.
Our technicians receive thorough and continuous training to stay up to date on these products and techniques. Restoration is an ever evolving field and we want our customers to feel confident that we can return their property to its preloss condition quickly and safely.
If you have experienced fire, smoke, water, or mold damage, call the experts at SERVPRO of Hamilton County, of Indianapolis North and of Anderson at 317-773-0422.
Expertise in Fire Clean Up
When you call the restoration specialists at SERVPRO of Hamilton County, of Indianapolis North and of Anderson after a fire or smoke damage, our experts are on site quickly to assess the damage and create a plan to return your property to its preloss condition. Our goal is "restore over replace" whenever possible to keep costs down and salvage your valued possessions. As part of the restoration process, our cleaning technicians utilize a variety of techniques depending on the surfaces and conditions of the items being cleaned.
- Dry Cleaning - Used for cleaning light residues or to pre-clean prior to wet cleaning.
- Wet Cleaning - An effective cleaning method for removing moderate to heavy residues.
- Spray and Wipe -Effective for items that can’t withstand wet cleaning.
- Foam Cleaning - Used for upholstery fabrics that might shrink or bleed if wet cleaned.
- Abrasive Cleaning - Involves agitation of the surface being cleaned.
- Immersion Cleaning - Contents are dipped into a bath of the cleaning product.
We always pre-test surfaces before utilizing any product to determine the best method of cleaning. We understand that the items we are cleaning are what make your house a home. Call us anytime day or night at 317-773-0422 and let us make your home "Like it never even happened."
Storm Damage Tips
Storms can occur with little warning in Central Indiana and have devastating effects on your home or business. If your property has been damaged by a sudden storm, follow these helpful tips to minimize damage and keep your family safe:
What To Do After Flooding
- Remove excess water by mopping and blotting.
- Wipe excess water from wood furniture after removal of lamps and tabletop items.
- Remove and prop wet upholstery and cushions.
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpeting.
- Turn air conditioning on for maximum drying in summer.
- Remove colored rugs from wet carpeting.
- Remove art objects to a safe, dry place.
- Gather loose items from floors.
What NOT To Do After Flooding
- Don't leave wet fabrics in place. Hang furs and leather goods.
- Don't leave books, magazines or other colored items on wet carpet or floors.
- Don't use your household vacuum to remove water.
- Don't use television or other household appliances.
- Don't turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet, and keep out of rooms where ceilings are sagging.
Call the restoration specialists at SERVPRO of Hamilton County, of Indianapolis North and of Anderson if you have experienced storm damage. We will respond quickly and begin the process of expertly restoring your property. We are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week at 317-773-0422.
What Type of Water Are You Dealing With?
When you are experiencing a flood or leak in your home, your first reaction may be to get the water out as quickly as possible no matter the cause. Not so fast! Every water damage is different and it's important to understand those differences when addressing the problem. When you call the restoration specialists at SERVPRO of Hamilton County, of Indianapolis North, and of Anderson, our first priority is to identify the source of the unwanted water. This will allow us to assign that water to a category of 1, 2, or 3. Knowing the category of water is imperative so that our technicians can properly clean and sanitize your home using specific restoration processes.
Category 1 water (white or clean): this water is the cleanest and most non-toxic of the categories. It is water perhaps directly from the tap and is not likely to cause you harm. Although it is considered the cleanest of the categories, it can be downgraded to category 2 or 3 if it comes in contact with other surfaces.
Category 2 (gray water): this type of water damage is considered more serious and will require a speedier removal process. This water may contain unsafe levels of chemicals, dirt or microorganisms. Example of gray water include leaks from dishwashers and washing machines, aquarium water and clean water from a toilet bowl or tank.
Category 3 (black water): this type of water contains toxigenic, pathogenic, or other harmful agents and includes sewage, toilet backflows, seawater, river flooding or other contaminated sources.
Our technicians are trained to identify the source and category of the unwanted water in your home. Based on our assessment they can immediately begin to dry out the affected areas using the appropriate equipment and resources to ensure a healthy environment for your family. Call us anytime day or night at 317-773-0422 for restoration services.
Sneaky Winter Storm Damage to Your Home
When we think of winter storms in Indiana and the damage it causes to property, we often think of ice laden limbs on roofs and dramatically bursting pipes after freezing weather. While these occurrences are all too common, it's often the damage you don't see right away that can be the most harmful.
Snow and ice can slowly build on roofs and create what is known as an ice dam. This is a ridge of ice that forms on the roof and prevents water (snow melt) from properly draining off the roof. That water then has no where to go and will begin to back up and leak into the home. This causes water damage to walls, ceilings, and insulation. This moisture can also contribute to mold growth inside your home.
There are steps you can take to avoid ice dams before severe weather hits. Keep your gutters clear of debris, especially leaves and other items that can accumulate during the fall. Properly insulate your home so warm air does not escape from living areas to the attic, which causes the snow melt.
Even with preventative measures, ice dams can build up and water can begin to leak through cracks and openings in the exterior of your roof.
If you are experiencing damage to your home as a result of winter weather, contact the restoration professionals at SERVPRO of Hamilton County, of Indianapolis North and of Anderson. Our trained technicians will identify the source of the water and begin the drying process immediately. Our goal is to return your home to its preloss state and help you keep costs and damage to a minimum. Call us anytime day or night at 317-773-0422.
Introducing Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned
See What Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned Can Do For You
We are proud to introduce a defensive cleaning program that goes beyond standard janitorial or carpet cleaning. This is a higher standard of cleaning. At SERVPRO of Hamilton County, of Indianapolis North and of Anderson we are at the forefront of providing residential and commercial customers the highest quality services with the most up to date technologies and products available. Our technicians are trained in all areas of clean-up including biohazard contamination and chemical spills. We follow all recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control and local authorities.
Call SERVPRO of Hamilton County, of Indianapolis North and of Anderson today at 317-773-0422 and speak with an experienced cleaning professional about what Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned can mean for you and your home or business.
Don't Go It Alone After A Smoke Damage
When your home or business has been damaged by fire, it's tempting to want to clean up the damage yourself and move on. Unfortunately, even the smallest of fire or smoke damages can have lasting implications for your property that may not be obvious in the immediate aftermath of your fire.
Soot and ash left on surfaces will begin to discolor walls and ceilings after just a few days if not properly cleaned. Vinyl flooring and wood can also be damaged, requiring expensive replacement costs if not addressed quickly. Ash also impacts metal surfaces, potentially causing corrosion.
The most obvious problem after a fire or smoke damage is the smell that pervades every item and surface in your home. Because smoke particles are so fine, they can creep into the smallest crevices and leave a lingering odor that can last for months. Conventional cleaning products may only mask this problem, not eliminate it entirely.
At SERVPRO of Hamilton County, of Indianapolis North and of Anderson, we act quickly to clean and restore your property. From carpet and upholstery cleaning, to specialized cleaning of wood and delicate surfaces, we have the expertise and experience to restore your property to its preloss condition quickly. Addressing the problem of odor and smoke damage immediately helps to prevent permanent damage and keep costs down. Call us anytime day or night at 317-773-0422 and let a restoration specialist help make your property "Like it never even happened."
Winter is Coming! Tips to Get Your Fireplace Ready for the Season
Enjoy Your Home Safely
Days are getting shorter and the temperatures are dropping fast. With most of us spending more time at home than ever before, now is the time to get your home ready for cold weather. One way to do that is to prepare your fireplace for a winter's worth of cozy fires.
Before that first fire of the season, have your fireplace and chimney inspected by a qualified chimney inspector. They will look for signs of deterioration and be sure your fireplace is properly ventilated. The type of fuel you use and how often you use your fireplace will determine if your chimney will need to be swept.
When it's time to collect wood to burn, use dry and well-aged wood. Wet or green wood creates more smoke and causes more soot to accumulate in the chimney.
Clean out ash from previous fires. Only one inch of ash should remain in the base of the fireplace. More than that can create more smoke and impact proper ventilation.
If possible, keep a window cracked while you utilize your fireplace to encourage proper ventilation in your home.
Never leave a fire burning unattended. Do not go to bed or leave your home while your fire is still burning.
Check to be sure your smoke and carbon monoxide detectors are in good working order. Also, keep a fire extinguisher on hand and teach family members how to use it if necessary.
Keep the area around the fireplace clear of items that could easily catch fire such as furniture, draperies, books, newspapers, rugs, etc.
Teach children about the dangers of fires and never leave children unattended near a fire.
Cozy fires are a joy during the winter months in Indiana. Follow these tips to keep your family safe while staying in. If your home or business is damaged by fire or smoke this winter season, call the restoration professionals at SERVPRO of Hamilton County, of Indianapolis North and of Anderson anytime day or night at 317-773-0422.
SERVPRO's Proven Water Damage Process
When you call SERVPRO for help after a water damage to your home or business, our professional restoration specialists will be on site quickly to begin the drying process. Our technicians are trained to restore your property using a proven six step process.
1. 24 Hour Emergency Contact: our phones are answered around the clock because we know the first few hours after a water damage occurs are crucial. Our customer specialists will lead you through a series of questions to better understand your needs so we can dispatch help to you immediately. We understand that damage to your home or business is scary and we will walk you through the process with care.
2. Inspection and Water Damage Assessment: our trained technicians will immediately determine the source of the unwanted water and its type (white, gray, black). The category of water that you are dealing with will determine the course of action that the technicians will take to restore your property. The technicians will conduct a thorough inspection of your home or business to determine the extent of the damage and identify any safety concerns that need to be addressed immediately. They will also move or block furniture and other items to prevent further damage to carpet or belongings.
3. Water Removal/Water Extraction: this process may include emergency pack/out or move out services if it is determined that is necessary to protect your belongings. We utilize the latest technology to remove and extract all excess water from your structure. Carpet and pad will be inspected and removed if necessary. Our technicians will utilize moisture detectors, hygrometers and other devices to measure moisture saturation and find hidden water behind walls and ceilings.
4. Drying and Dehumidification: using industrial air movers and dehumidifiers, our technicians will manipulate the air temperature and relative humidity in your structure to remove remaining moisture. Moisture levels will be regularly monitored to ensure complete drying.
5. Cleaning and Sanitizing: after your home or business has been completely dried out we will thoroughly clean and sanitize affected surfaces and contents to ensure a safe and healthy environment. Utilizing techniques such as foam cleaning, immersion cleaning, and dry and wet cleaning, our restoration specialists will carefully return your belongings to their preloss condition. Using fogging equipment and air scrubbers, we can safely eliminate offensive odors that typical air fresheners cannot. Depending on the situation, we may also utilize antimicrobial, antibacterial or disinfectant treatments.
6. The final step is restoration: returning your home or business to its preloss condition. This can include minor repairs such as replacing drywall or installing new carpet or other flooring. Or it can be a more extensive project to reconstruct larger areas or rooms.
Our goal is to make your home or business "Like it never even happened," after a water damage. Call SERVPRO of Hamilton County, of Indianapolis North, and of Anderson at 317-773-0422 and find out why we are Central Indiana's most trusted name in restoration.