SERVPRO's Proven Water Damage Process
When you call SERVPRO for help after a water damage to your home or business, our professional restoration specialists will be on site quickly to begin the drying process. Our technicians are trained to restore your property using a proven six step process.
1. 24 Hour Emergency Contact: our phones are answered around the clock because we know the first few hours after a water damage occurs are crucial. Our customer specialists will lead you through a series of questions to better understand your needs so we can dispatch help to you immediately. We understand that damage to your home or business is scary and we will walk you through the process with care.
2. Inspection and Water Damage Assessment: our trained technicians will immediately determine the source of the unwanted water and its type (white, gray, black). The category of water that you are dealing with will determine the course of action that the technicians will take to restore your property. The technicians will conduct a thorough inspection of your home or business to determine the extent of the damage and identify any safety concerns that need to be addressed immediately. They will also move or block furniture and other items to prevent further damage to carpet or belongings.
3. Water Removal/Water Extraction: this process may include emergency pack/out or move out services if it is determined that is necessary to protect your belongings. We utilize the latest technology to remove and extract all excess water from your structure. Carpet and pad will be inspected and removed if necessary. Our technicians will utilize moisture detectors, hygrometers and other devices to measure moisture saturation and find hidden water behind walls and ceilings.
4. Drying and Dehumidification: using industrial air movers and dehumidifiers, our technicians will manipulate the air temperature and relative humidity in your structure to remove remaining moisture. Moisture levels will be regularly monitored to ensure complete drying.
5. Cleaning and Sanitizing: after your home or business has been completely dried out we will thoroughly clean and sanitize affected surfaces and contents to ensure a safe and healthy environment. Utilizing techniques such as foam cleaning, immersion cleaning, and dry and wet cleaning, our restoration specialists will carefully return your belongings to their preloss condition. Using fogging equipment and air scrubbers, we can safely eliminate offensive odors that typical air fresheners cannot. Depending on the situation, we may also utilize antimicrobial, antibacterial or disinfectant treatments.
6. The final step is restoration: returning your home or business to its preloss condition. This can include minor repairs such as replacing drywall or installing new carpet or other flooring. Or it can be a more extensive project to reconstruct larger areas or rooms.
Our goal is to make your home or business "Like it never even happened," after a water damage. Call SERVPRO of Hamilton County, of Indianapolis North, and of Anderson at 317-773-0422 and find out why we are Central Indiana's most trusted name in restoration.
What is a Storm Team?
When you call SERVPRO of Hamilton County, of Indianapolis North and of Anderson, you are calling on the resources of a network of strategically positioned "storm teams" that will jump into action and come to your rescue if your home or business is damaged in a storm. Although each franchise is independently owned and operated, we work together closely to bring equipment, manpower and expertise wherever it is needed.
Recent mobilizations of the Catastrophic Storm Response Teams include:
- 2017 California wildfires
- 2017 Hurricane Irma
- 2017 Hurricane Harvey
- 2016 Hurricane Matthew
- 2015 Carolina floods
- 2014 Polar Vortex
- 2012 Sandy
- 2010 Nashville floods
- 2008 Ike
- 2007 Chicago floods
- 2007 Ohio floods
- 2007 California wildfires
- 2005 Katrina/Wilma/Rita
If your home or business is damaged by a storm, no matter how big or small, call the trusted professionals at SERVPRO of Hamilton County, of Indianapolis North and of Anderson to make your property "Like it never even happened." We are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week at 317-773-0422.
Top Causes of Fires in Commercial Buildings
A fire or smoke damage to your commercial building can have catastrophic consequences. No matter the source, the damage to your business can be costly to you and your customers. Understanding the most common causes of fire damage to commercial properties allows you to better mitigate your risks to your business.
1. The number one cause of commercial fire damage is cooking. Although most commonly occurring in restaurants, any building that has a working kitchen is at risk. High cooking temperatures, flammable oils and grease and multiple people working in close proximity make this an ideal situation for a fire or smoke damage to occur.
2. The second most common cause of fires in commercial buildings is heating equipment. Malfunctioning heaters, boilers and radiators can overheat and lead to fire or smoke damage. Improperly utilized space heaters can also be dangerous.
3. Electrical and lighting equipment is the third most common cause of damage to commercial buildings. Old wiring and overloaded circuits can lead to overheating that can spark a fire or smoke damage.
Knowledge of these common causes of fire and smoke damage to your commercial property is the first step to prevention. Proper maintenance by qualified HVAC technicians and electricians is a first step to minimizing your risks. If your commercial property suffers a fire or smoke damage call the experts at SERVPRO of Hamilton County, of Indianapolis North and of Anderson at 317-846-5282 anytime day or night. Our trained restoration professionals will be on site quickly to assess the damage and create a plan to make your property "Like it never even happened."
Does Your Home Have Hidden Water Damage?
Sometimes water damage is sudden and dramatic: a pipe bursting, an appliance malfunctioning. Sometimes it sneaks up on us in the form of a slow leak that can go undetected for long periods of time. Areas that are prone to cumulative water damage include cabinets under sinks and the areas around AC units, applicances and wobbly toilets. Water can also creep in around exterior doors and windows and under siding. There are many areas in your home that are vulnerable to slow water accumulation and all of them can lead to damaged drywall and flooring, mold, and rot. If you suspect your home may have a moisture issue, contact the restoration professionals at SERVPRO of Hamilton County, of Indianapolis North and of Anderson. Our trained technicians have the equipment and experience to find moisture where it is hidden and create a plan of action to make your property "Like it never even happened." We are available anytime day or night and it is always free to have our technicians come to your home and provide an estimate. Call us today at 317-773-0422.
Summer Storm Damage in Hamilton County? We've Got You Covered!
Summer storms can strike quickly and with little warning. If your home as been damaged by flooding, high winds or lightning strikes, call the professionals at SERVPRO of Hamilton County, of Indianapolis North and of Anderson. We are available anytime day or night and our restoration specialists will respond quickly to assess the damage to your property and formulate a plan to make your home "Like it never even happened." Our technicians have undergone specialized training in fire, smoke and water restoration and mold remediation. We are also a preferred vendor for many national and local insurance companies. Don't trust your home to just any restoration company. We are a locally owned business that has been trusted in the Central Indiana area for over twenty years. Call us today at 317-773-0422.
What Happens When You Call Us for Help in an Emergency?
When your home or business needs emergency help for a water damage, we know you need help NOW! Our phones are answered 24 hours a day, seven days a week to get you the help you need quickly. when you call, our office will ask you for the following information:
* Your name, address of the loss and best contact phone numbers
* Your insurance company information
* The cause of the water damage (i.e. malfunctioning appliance, sump pump failure)
* What rooms of your home or business has been affected (approx. square footage of affected areas)?
* What type of flooring do you have?
* Do you currently have electricity?
Our goal is to get a crew to your location ASAP and make your home or business "Like it never even happened." We know a water damage can be overwhelming. We will walk you through the process and make the restoration of your property as smooth as possible. Call us anytime day or night at 317-773-0422.
Is Your Commercial Property Ready to Get Back to Business?
As local businesses begin the slow process of re-opening after several months of uncertainty, SERVPRO of Hamilton County, of Indianapolis North and of Anderson are here to help. Our Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned is a state of the art defensive pathogen cleaning program that goes way beyond typical janitorial services.
So how does it work? It’s grounded in our unique 3 C’s:
- Consult: Not all businesses are the same, so we’ll tailor a bespoke cleaning program based on the unique needs of each facility.
- Clean: Based on the agreed plan, an expert deep clean is initiated using our proprietary EPA-Approved Hospital-Grade cleaning solutions and always adhering to the leading level of cleaning and decontamination standards set by the CDC.
- Certify: You’ll know a business is Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned by the shield posted on their front window. Along with digital emblems and other collateral, this beacon represents their commitment to the comfort and security of their employees, customers and community.
As a locally owned business in your community, we understand the fear and uncertainty that comes with resuming business services for your customers and employees. Maintaining a safe environment is your number one priority. Let the cleaning specialists at SERVPRO of Hamilton County, of Indianapolis North and of Anderson bring the highest standard of clean to your commercial property. Call us anytime day or night for a free estimate at 317-773-0422.
Employee Spotlight: Andy Johnson
For owner Andy Johnson, SERVPRO has been a family affair for most of his life. His parents became owners of a SERVPRO franchise in the eighties and Andy joined them full time after graduating from Indiana University in 1996. For almost twenty-five years, Andy has worked hard to become a local leader in the restoration of commercial and residential properties after fire, smoke and water damage. Andy and his wife Kim are the owners of SERVPRO of Hamilton County, of Indianapolis North and of Anderson. They are proud to live and work in the community where they are raising their four children. Although a lot has changed in the more than twenty-five years that he has been part of the SERVPRO system, his dedication to quality work and exceptional customer service remain the same. Call Andy anytime day or night at 317-773-0422 if your home or business needs restoration services.
Coronavirus Cleanup For Your Commercial Building
At SERVPRO of Hamilton County, of Indianapolis North and of Anderson, we understand that you have many questions about how the Coronavirus will impact your business. You are worried about the health of your employees and customers and what this all means for the business that you work so hard to protect. Call us today at 317-773-0422 for information about how we can help your business during this difficult time.
Expert Level Cleaning Services
At SERVPRO of Hamilton County, of Indianapolis North and of Anderson, we are uniquely prepared during this unprecedented time to clean and disinfect your home or business according to the protocols set forth by the CDC. We have years of experience in dealing with biological contaminants, and we will go beyond the scope of work that regular janitorial staff perform on a daily basis. Our professionals are trained to perform a proactive cleanup that involves facility or structure cleaning and disinfection. Cleanup procedures generally include cleaning of porous and non-porous surfaces, disinfecting of non-porous surfaces, cleaning and disinfecting of equipment, tools, and/or supplies used for cleanup process, and disposal of waste.
The CDC encourages cleaning of high-touch surfaces such as counters, tabletops, doorknobs, light switches, bathroom fixtures, toilets, phones, keyboards, tablets and tables. Other spaces mentioned in the CDC’s guidance for commercial spaces include:
- Kitchen/Food Areas
- Retail Spaces
- Water Fountains
- Sales Counters
- Carpets and Rugs
- Stair Handrails
- Elevator Cars
- Playground Equipment
- Fitness Equipment
We have the expertise, manpower, and equipment to help you keep your employees safe and your business running. Call us anytime day or night at 317-773-0422.
Commercial Services Spotlight: Retail Businesses
SERVPRO of Hamilton County, of Indianapolis North and of Anderson offers a variety of services for your retail business. We specialize in everything from small local establishments to larger properties including:
- National Chain Stores
- Shopping Malls
- Department Stores
- Specialty Retailers
We understand that when your business has sustained damage from vandalism, smoke, fire or water loss you need help fast. Every hour that you are not up in running is an hour of lost revenue and productivity. We have the experience and manpower to ensure that your merchandise, facilities, display areas and sales equipment are restored quickly and thoroughly. Our experience includes:
- Total Project Management
- Inventory Control and Documentation
- Facilities Cleaning and Restoration
- Flooding and Water Damage Cleanup
- Vandalism Cleanup
- Air Ducts and HVAC Cleaning
- Mold Removal
- Odor Removal
- Smoke and Soot Cleanup
- Document and Records Recovery
- Electronics/Equipment Restoration
Trust the restoration professionals at SERVPRO of Hamilton County, of Indianapolis North and of Anderson to get you back in business today. Call us anytime day or night at 317-773-0422.