Mold After Flooding
If your home has recently been flooded, there are steps you can take as a homeowner to fight fast-growing mold.
1. Wear protection: utilize a face mask, nonporous gloves and protective eyewear when cleaning up your home after a flood.
2. Improve ventilation: open windows and doors while in your home to increase air flow.
3. Clean up and dry out: wipe down wet items and surfaces with detergent and water and use fans to help speed up the drying process.
4. Discard soaked items that have been wet for more than 48 hours.
5. Call trained professionals to inspect your home, even if you don't have obvious signs of mold growth.
If you have experienced flooding in your home, follow these steps and rely on the trained professionals at SERVPRO of Hamilton County to inspect and take care of a suspected mold problem.