Tips to Have a Worry Free Summer Vacation
Summertime means long hot days, grilling out, and fun vacation plans with your family. We at SERVPRO of Hamilton County want to help you enjoy your time away without worrying about disaster at home. Follow these tips to minimize your home's risk of expensive water damage during the summer months:
1. Ask a friend or neighbor to periodically check on your home. This will eliminate any nasty surprises upon return. Be sure to show them the location of your water main shut-off (typically in the basement or along the outside foundation of the home).
2. If no one will be at home, consider turning off the water main to your home completely.
3. Inspect your home's gutters and downspouts for debris and blockages.
4. If you have a basement, check to be sure your sump pump is in good working order. Consider a battery back-up in case there is a loss of power.
5. Consider purchasing a water-leak sensor. These relatively inexpensive devices can send an alert directly to your phone in the event of a water damage.
Following these tips can give you the peace of mind to enjoy your well-deserved summer vacation!